The Turkish Asphalt Contractors Association (ASMÜD) was formed in April 1996 as a non-profit organisation by 30 members representing 15 companies with the objective of replacing individual effort with cooperation.
Today, The Association has 35 members from 30 companies that produce hot mix asphalt and construct asphalt roads and that supply and manufacture of materials and equipment related to asphalt works.
As a member of EAPA, PIARC, YTMK and İMSAD, ASMÜD keenly follows developments and new technology in the asphalt industry for the benefit of its member companies and for giving maximum economic and social returns from national investment.
Aims and Objectives
According to the statutes, ASMÜD’s aims and objectives are to:
- Provide initiatives for the solution of the technical and economical problems confronted by its members,
- Encourage cooperation among members as well as with the related domestic and foreign organisations aimed at promoting use of the latest technology to produce the highest quality of asphalt,
- Introduce construction, contracting and engineering facilities of its members to national and international markets,
- Grade and certificate member companies’ professional competence to provide a reference for clients from public and private sectors,
- Support and conduct research and development studies for continual improvement in asphalt technology,
- Encourage the manufacturing and use of asphalt complying with health, safety and environmental standards,
- Represent the view of its member’s at the level of governmental institutions.
To achieve the aims and objectives, ASMÜD works on:
- Finding solutions for common problems of its members,
- Contacting and cooperating with the related domestic and foreign organizations to following the newest technological developments within the hot mix asphalt production, paving and maintenance,
- Presenting construction and engineering facilities of its members to national and international markets,
- Transferring related information to the stakeholders by organizing and supporting conferences, congresses, symposia, training programs and technical observation trips,
- Participating in various platforms, committees and working groups as representative of the Turkish asphalt industry,
- Making attempts for the adoption and application of innovations,
- Contributing to the harmonization studies related to EU regulations,
- Collecting, compiling and making available statistical data about the asphalt industry,
- Establishing a library and publishing resources related to the asphalt industry,